The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position of Finance Assistant in the Walter Reed (DOD/HIV) Program (DODHPN)
Position Title: Finance Assistant, FSN-07
Location: Abuja – Walter Reed (DOD/HIV) Program
Work Hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week
Salary: OR – Ordinarily Resident–N2,506,239 p.a.(Starting basic salary)
Position Grade: FSN-07
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$39,994,
EFM/MOH – US$34,324 (Starting Salary) p.a.
Position Grade: FP-07
Basic Function Of The Position:
- Incumbent is responsible for providing accounting and financial support to the DODHPN activities in Nigeria.
- In this capacity, the incumbent performs accounting and financial analysis to support efficient operations meeting USG accounting and procurement practices.
- The incumbent assists in the implementation of the internal controls and general assessments of DODHPN accounting standards.
- Duties include audit of procurement and travel vouchers, working with DODHPN technical staff for specific programmatic activity budget preparation.
- Additionally, the incumbent is expected to perform financial administrative duties.
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- University degree in Accountancy or Business Administration is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years progressive experience in accounting, auditing or financially oriented business management is required.
- Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Writing in English is required.
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding in the areas of professional accounting, auditing, budget and finance is required.
- Advance personal computer skills with experience using word processing, spreadsheets and Quick Books, are required.
Application Closing Date:
13th November, 2012
How To Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus.
- Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
Submit Application To:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Or submit to HRNigeria@state.gov
Point Of Contact:
Tel: 09-461-4000 Ext 4261
Fax: 09-461-4036Click here for full job description
Someone needs this information. Please share!