Creativity at its peak! Four Nigerian teenage girls – Duro-Aina Adebola (14), Akindele Abiola (14), Faleke Oluwatoyin (14) and Bello Eniola (15) have proven how creative we Nigerians can get.
The girls invented a urine powered generator which was showcased at this year’s Maker Faire Africa held in Lagos a few days back.
This is how it works…..
According to†Maker Faire Africa, an annual event which showcases inventions, the system works like this:
- Urine is put into an electrolytic cell, which separates out the hydrogen.
- The hydrogen goes into a water filter for purification, which then gets pushed into the gas cylinder.
- The gas cylinder pushes hydrogen into a cylinder of liquid borax, which is used to remove the moisture from the hydrogen gas.
- This purified hydrogen gas is pushed into the generator.
- †1 Liter of urine gives you 6 hours of electricity.
But, its a little dangerous. Because, according to her, ”along the whole way there are one-way valves for security, but letís be honest that this is something of an explosive device.”
We can help this young bundle of talent improve on this new invention and make it safer, cant we?