Hello GV readers,
We bring you another DIY(Do-it-Yourself) post, and this time its something we all are a bit familiar with. As you have probably noticed i am very fond of homemade face masks because i personally think they work wonders on the skin, plus they’re easy and cheap!
One of my absolute favorites is the Yoghurt and Oatmeal Face Mask and all you basically need is some yogurt and oatmeal. The yogurt helps brighten and hydrate the skin as well as reducing redness and tightening pores. The oatmeal helps exfoliate the skin and treat irritations.
This face mask is magic! Every time i wash this mask off i can instantly see the effects of it, it gives my skin a massive boost. Let’s go through the steps together.
Okay you’ll need the following:
- 2 Tbsp. of Plain Yogurt (I recommend Greek strained yogurt, because its much thicker than regular yogurt. yogurt contains lactic acid, which is good for the skin) If you dont have any plain yogurt use milk or try Buttermilk instead its very high in lactic acid so butter milk will be better than regular milk.
- 2 Tbsp of ground oats (make sure the powder isn’t fine, it should be somewhat gritty)
- 1 Tbsp of Ground almonds
- 1 Tbsp of Honey (honey is a natural humectant, meaning that it will absorb and lock in moisture keeping your skin hydrated. Long ago Cleopatra used to bathe in a honey and milk bath to keep her skin healthy.
- 6 drops of vitamin E oil( You can get it from Vanity oils sold at konga.com)
- (optional) 1 tsp of ground Walnut seeds/Apricot seeds
NB: If you can’t find most of the ingredients above, you can make do with just the Yoghurt, Oatmeal and Honey which are the basic things you need to make this face mask.
- Mix the ingredients together and apply the mixture all over the face
- Leave it on for 5 minutes and then rinse off.
- Follow through with your skin care routine.
This Yoghurt/Oatmeal face scrub is gentle enough for daily use, and is great for those with sensitive skin. It’ll exfoliate away the dead skin, revealing a more radiant complexion, and will naturally absorb dirt, oil, and excess sebum. It can also be used as a face scrub, and/or cleanser!
Stay Healthy, Stay Beautiful, Stay Happy!