A homeless man who returned a diamond engagement ring to its owner has seen his family for the first time in 16 years after his kind gesture made headlines around the world.
Billy Ray Harris was being interviewed about how he returned the ring to Sarah Darling after she accidentally dropped it into his collection cup in Kansas City, Missouri.
But he was left virtually speechless when his long-lost siblings who live 640 miles away in Texas entered the set during the middle of the TV interview.
Billy Ray Harris hugs his sister after being reunited with his siblings for the first time in 16 years
• Billy Ray Harris kept the ring safe after a woman mistakenly dropped it
• Sarah Darling and her husband setup a fundraising page for Harris
• Website raised $180,000 enabling Harris to buy a house and to get a job
• Publicity about Harris’ good deed helped his sister to reconnect with him
• Harris and his siblings reunited in emotional meeting live on TV
Website was initially set up to raise $4,000.00 the same amount offered by a Jeweler to buy the ring from Billy Ray Harris.