Unless you think youâ€™re the smartest, who doesn’t want to be smarter? Of course I want to be smarter too, so I try to find out whoâ€™s the real smart guy that maybe I can learn from.Â
Here are the signs of smart people:
1. They donâ€™t talk as much as you do, because they know they got smart by listening.
2. They know lots of things other than what theyâ€™re specialised in. Theirs is the gift of a broad mind, constantly fed with the stimulant of being interested in what everyone else is doing.
3. They juggle home, work and personal interests with dexterity and never fall back on the tired old refrain about â€œwork life balanceâ€. And when theyâ€™re juggling, they somehow manage to seem 100% engaged with what theyâ€™re doing, on all fronts simultaneously, even though you know theyâ€™re taking appropriate steps behind the scenes to make sure their lives are perfectly, serenely balanced.
4. They probably do social media. Not always, but probably. It is not only another chance to listen, but one they use to ensure they can feed their brains with things they otherwise wonâ€™t have come across.
5. Even when things go very badly wrong, theyâ€™ll be smiling. Smart people never get ruffled because their smart brains present them with alternatives faster than the bad stuff can happen.
6.They know they are usually the smartest person in the room, but they donâ€™t spend their time dwelling on that. Instead, they take it as a personal challenge to see if they can make everyone else the smartest person in the room too.
7. If they are managers, they will make every effort to get people smarter, more connected and more popular than them in their teams. Theyâ€™re not threatened because they know that smartness is synergistic. They also make sure that their smart people get to look smarter than them for the same reason.
8.They have hidden skills that never get rolled out until theyâ€™re needed. They donâ€™t have any need to show their full capabilities for reasons of proving theyâ€™re better than others.
9. They may or may not have expensive educations. Youâ€™d never know just by being with them unless you had their CV in front of you.
10. They never, ever, under any circumstances, make you look silly, even though it would be easy to do so. Theyâ€™ve learned through bitter experience that the only thing that happens when you make someone look bad is you look bad yourself.
Now you should know who the smart people are. If you want to be the smart one, let me give you this extra advice from Steve Jobs â€œStay hungry. Stay foolish.â€
Do you agree with this article? Tell us in the comment section below!
Via – LifeHack