I saw this topic on a forum and decided to share with you guys. Marriage is not always a bed of roses as some unmarried people think. A husband shares the problem he is currently experiencing and needs your advice:
My wife and I have been married for about 10 years now and we have been blessed with both male and female children. For the first 7yrs of the marriage, I earned about 8x my wife’s salary and everything was sweet and rosy. We were the envy of most families with houses and landed properties both in the village and the city where we live.
But about 4yrs ago, my wife got a better job which made her salary slightly higher than mine. But more importantly, the new job gave her access to bulk money by way of loans, grants, etc and ever since, my family has never been the same again. My wife suddenly became unruly, she doesn’t consult me on any issue concerning the family again. I have sat her down on countless occasions to know what the problem is but she refused to say what is responsible for her sudden change in attitude.
Even when I seek her opinion on projects concerning the family, she shows indifference most times. I then resolved to continue to engage her and be as open as I can hoping that things would improve and indeed I really noticed some slight improvement.
But when I was about to settle down and relax, I got the shocker of my life -my wife had built and completed a building without my knowledge! As if that was not shocking enough, I later found out that the man who has been fronting for her on the said project is the same Priest (Reverend Father) that joined us in holy matrimony!!!
I am really confused right now, having mood swings between laughing and angry at the same time. I just don’t know how to handle this.
That’s not all…
Here’s what someone suggested:
1. Don’t hate her and don’t send her away.
2. Request for the documents as it should be in your possession.
3. If she refuses to give u the documents.
4. Stop sleeping in same room with her.
5. Change your phone number and keep her off ur contacts whatever. Facebook, twitter. Etc
6. Don’t you ever, ever eat her food. because if she finds out through the advise of her friends,mother, or pastor that you are becoming a pain in the Bottom, then she can be compelled to act rashly and if u should die, she would get another hubby in a year, and as she is getting so ambitious now, she has the automatic ownership to all your stuffs.
7. Threat her like a stranger in the house.
8. Don’t ever have family discussions with her.
9. Behave as if your life depends on it.
10. Let it stretch for like two to three months.
11. When she comes for begging,don’t give in immediately.
12. There shall not be a third party in the reconciliation scene. It should just you and her.
13. Trying to knw if the pastor is screwing her is a past thing. Just keep the past off from it.
14. But meet the foolish pastor and tell him bluntly that if you ever see him 250 meters close to any member of your household, that you will “kill” him.
15. Get a court injuction on him calling your wife or getting close to your family.
16. Withdraw the matter from your family and her family meddling in to solve. Keep them out of it. And your friends too. Only you and your wife can save your marriage.
17. Tell her you want a divorce and see how she would react to it. If she is shocked at and scared at it, then know she wants her marriage to stay, but if she is not, then know that can be the last option (deutoronomy. 24:1-4).
18. As you start it, dedicate a week fasting & prayer to God, for the purpose of keeping the family imtact and ask God to reveal hidden things to you, as I to know if the pastor has voodoo on her, because I don’t trust most of all these pastors with their wack powers.
19. Lastly, don’t joke with your life. E no get duplicate.
Do you agree with this suggestion, GISTvillers?