An outfit isnâ€™t complete without accessories to complement Â it. The right accessories can take a look from ordinary to glamorous.
Statement neck pieces are always in fashion, and can be worn on anything from a tank top to a Haute Couture dress. Â Neck pieces are usually Â layered in multiple strands, or crafted as a bib, or a faux collar. Quite a number of celebrities have rocked this look; from Michelle Obama, to our own Toolz, Tiwa Savage, the list is endless.
Here are a few rules to abide by when wearing bold statement Neck Pieces:
1. Less is more, especially if you have a thick neck and are top heavy. For this body types, loose pieces work better so you donâ€™t appear as though you are choking.
2. Â Take into consideration the bodice of your outfit, if there is so much design on it already, go for the minimal design neck piece, like a single or double strand pearl, or avoid the neck piece and go with a statement earring.
3. If you are wearing a high necked dress, go for a statement earring only.
4. If you are wearing a simple dress, wear statement accessories to take it from ordinary to glamorous.
5. Sweep your hair up, and go with minimal makeup to highlight your accessories.
Whatever look you go for, moderation is the watchword. So you appear classy and chic rather than overdone.
Chidinma Eke is Â a graduate of Psychology, an avid fashion lover and followerÂ Â .
Follow her on Twitter:Â @chinmaeke1
Check out her Blog:Â http://chinmaeke.wordpress.